Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, October 11, 2010

gm glimmerglass Studio

Oh my goodness golly. When I first saw the AMAZING studio over at gm glimmerglass, I was stunned. Speechless, really.
(photo courtesy of gm glimmerglass)

We all love to keep our crafty areas organized, but that often turns into a very practical decor. Lots of drawers and plastic and labels. That often clashes with our sense of colour, space, and aesthetics. Genevieve has found the best of both worlds, weaving soft colours, lots of texture, and most of all, warmth into her craft studio.(photo courtesy of gm glimmerglass)

In her own words:

"Working in a little shoebox of a studio, I try to maximize every inch of space while keeping things visually clear. I've kept the walls "very vanilla" which provides me with a calm surround for some of the eye-popping, intensely colored artwork that comes outa here."
(photo courtesy of gm glimmerglass)

Hop over to Genevieve's blog to see all the photos, and hear more about her amazing room! There are two posts: Let's Get this Party Started and Zoom and Enhance. Look for her cool marker storage idea and don't miss Godzilla wearing pearls! :D

Posted by Jessica

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That aqua color in there is absolutely gorgeous and so inviting. I was wondering... how many square feet is that room... what are the dimensions?

gm glimmerglass said...

Hello. Ms. Baroness:

My workspace is a SNUG 10.5' x 15'. It is a graphic design studio/crafting classroom as well as my personal art space - all rolled in to one.

The creams, blues and browns (plus a lovely vanilla coconut air freshener) all combine to remind me of the seaside!

I woke up this morning to TONS of new visitors. My thanks to all for the kind comments!

Made my day!

:-) Genevieve

The Name's Jessica said...

Hello,
I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your desk at. Something like that would be perfect for my own craft/art room
Thanks!

The Name's Jessica said...

Hello,
I am wondering if you could tell me where you purchased your desk? It would be perfect for my own craft room
Thank you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...