Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Craft room remodelling

For those of you out there who are lucky enough to have an entire room dedicated to crafting, the choices you make concerning furniture and storage are ones which you will consider for many, many hours if you are anything like me!

Julie featured on this blog several months ago, but she has recently moved into a larger craft room as she and her family added a conservatory to give her a studio for her card and craft classes. The first photograph shows her personal crafting space, with what looks like an impressive shopping haul of Ikea furniture! Ikea is a great place to buy furniture for your craft room, as it is relatively cheap and looks good too. The only drawback is assembling it yourself, my own experience suggests that it is best to tackle this alone where possible as too many cooks definitely spoil the broth when assembling Ikea furniture!

Julie has everything well organised, easy to reach and very tidy! She has used a combination of Ikea storage boxes and Really Useful Boxes, which fit perfectly within the units in her room. The expedit units seem to crop up again and again in craft room photographs on the internet, which just shows how well suited it is to the purpose.


If you would like to see more pictures of Julie's craft room and also her brand spanking new studio in the conservatoire (conservatory to the rest of us!!) then please visit her blog here.

Leave us a link if you've seen any interesting use of expedit units too please!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Wow a great studio. The Ikea boxes and closets are great, I've got some for my new (not finished jet) craftroom too.
Maria

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I am loving these craft room features! Julie's organization is fantastic. I'll be linking to this.

Unknown said...

My sister, Liz will be moving in with me a couple of weeks from now. I needed to prep the room for her. She is not that organized, and I was thinking of your tips. I just phoned in our local contractor to have her room installed with replacement windows. San Francisco is where she is currently studying. And good for her, I just live within the area. I am also thinking of remodeling my room. However, I just want to keep it simple. I may still have a budget for new windows. Bay area will never be the same again! I have my sister around and I know we will have lots of fun. Thank you for the great idea on organizing stuff!

Unknown said...

I am in the process of trying to get my craft room organized.
Thanks for the tips.
Lori

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...