Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, January 25, 2010

Where Shantaie Spends Her Days

Greetings everyone! I'm Jessica, and I'm SO excited to join the Crafty Storage blog team! I'm a lover of all things organization - I often joke that I spend more time organizing than I do crafting. So I think I'll fit right in here.

In this post, we step into Shantaie's garage-turned-crafts room.
(photo courtesy of Shantaie Fowler)

As you take a look around, you'll see why she says:

"Paper crafting has all but taken over my own little corner of the house {and universe} I like to think of myself as multi-abled, and I don't really tie myself down to only one craft {art} life is too full of fun hobbies to settle for just one :) {plus I have a fear of commitment}"

I'd bet most of us share that sentiment - being creative doesn't mean you must be limited to just one specific craft!

There's a place for everything (and everything in its place) in her bright white room. And don't expect the ordinary craft storage pieces. Shantaie often uses everyday household items to store her tools and supplies, like the Cuttlebug and Big Shot plates tucked away in a napkin holder, and the die cut accessories all perfectly slotted into a shoe organizer.
(photo courtesy of Shantaie Fowler)

One of the first things that caught my eye was the four numbered bags hanging on her peg board. Shantaie explained that she uses them to store various craft supplies, including sewing notions, gift wrap/bows/curling ribbon, and lots of buttons!

"I previously had ALL of that hanging on the peg board...it was functional but very "messy" looking thats when I wrangled it all into the fun bags, I numbered them so I could direct friends and family where to look for something I can say "its in bag 3""

To see some of her other great storage ideas, head on over to Shantaie's blog, Inking Pink. Be sure to leave her some love, and if you do, tell her Crafty Storage sent you!

Posted by Jessica

6 comments:

Sue said...

A girl after my own heart. I love to be organised:)

Andy Porter said...

It's probably not healthy to feel this jealous!! What an amazing space!!!

Andy
Poppies at Play

Shantaie said...

Thanks so much for sharing my space on this fantastic site.

your article was so well written, I wish you lots of success here!
{{{hugs}}} Shantaie

Nadya 's World!!! said...

I love her room!!! It's so organized!!! :) She's one very talented lady!!! :)
Nadya

Tricia said...

I would love to be one of her friends who was directed to a bag!! that meant I was crafting with her and she is so talented!

America said...

OH i agree!!! SHE IS VERY TALENTED and sweet and seriously organized!! Not surprised her room's being featured! It's a WOW ROOM for such a wonderful crafter! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...