Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, January 18, 2010

round & round...

While doing anything crafty, I often find myself struggling to have all necessary supplies within reach.  So, I had to get a little creative (although, I'm fairly certain there are others who have successfully completed this task as well).



I decided that this plan would be best used inside my classroom...with a home version soon to follow.  As a 7th grade language arts and social studies teacher, I'm constantly using my colored pencils, markers, scissors, etc.  You'll also notice a gavel (I teach the Leadership/ASB class), some hand sanitizer, a few numbered popsicle sticks, and Smencils.  Some of these items are not all that similiar to what you might find in your own crafting stash.  No worries.  It should work just the same.



All you need is one Lazy Susan, and a few containers that will fit atop your spinning wheel.  Next up, grab your glue gun and turn it on.  While you're waiting for it to heat up, arrange your containers (you can even trace them on the surface of your Lazy Susan).  Now it's time to glue it all down.  From there, all you've got left to do is fill the containers with your favorite crafting supplies!  Be sure you spin the Lazy Susan...just because you can!  :)



P.S.  My name is Anne and I'm soooooooooooo excited to be a part of this Crafty Storage team!  I hope to be back soon with more ideas to share.  Right now, we're in the midst of rearranging our spare bedroom/my crafting room.  Perhaps this blog will serve as a bit of a motivator for me too!

7 comments:

Rajesh said...

hi

Shauna K said...

ahhh i LOVE this idea!!! totally gonna implement it in my craft room :D i have a double-tiered lazy susan in my kitchen, but never thought to put one in the craft room! perfect for small spaces :)

Robin said...

You're so cute, Anne! Why do I find myself beaming with pride at this moment for you? :) Love the ideas...and love YOU!

Allison said...

Love it! Thanks for the great idea!

Hillary said...

I totally meant to tell you today that when I was in your classroom and saw this I practically gasped at the lovlely-ness and joy of organization it represents. Way to go. Love that you are now a pro- blogger too! Hill

J Yo said...

Fab idea, Anne! If I had a glue gun I'd totally try this... ;)

Anonymous said...

Anyone should have a gavel in their stash to stup interruptions from happening and arguments from erupting. Love the idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...